CGC are delighted to have delivered a substantial workplace fit-out to one of the largest global law firms, based in Canary Wharf. Working alongside the clients internal Project Managers, this phased refurbishment took 25 weeks, whilst maintaining adjacent ‘live’ practice area environment throughout. Building services enhancements were made to improve energy efficiencies from air conditioning and lighting.
Client Objectives Met:
• Relocated 400 staff out of a satellite office back into the HQ building, by adapting available space and employing a higher agile working person to desk ratio. (7:10 agile workplace)
• Re-used existing furniture, FF&E and IT/AV equipment from property exited, supplementing only where required to support the agile strategy.
• Managed a complex phased migration programme to ensure that the re-used office equipment could be re-utilised without loss of service to migrating staff.
• Installed flexible meeting pod furniture to allow the workplace design to adapt and change in the future without extensive air conditioning & lighting alterations.
• Removed a meeting room suite to provide additional agile office work space which in turn allowed the client to dispose of a satellite office of circa 35,000 sq ft.
• Decommissioned satellite office floors following the client exercising a lease break. Releasing the floors back to the landlord resulted in the agreement of dilapidation costs between the parties.
“CGC’s successful delivery of the agile workplace fit-outs, in a ‘live’ office environment, is a testament to their ability to integrate into our business. Maintaining government guidelines and applying strict health & safety controls during Covid-19, the project quality, programme and budget deliverables were all achieved”Head of Facilities – Legal, Canary Wharf.
Return to work Benefits:
• Reduced the clients overall square footage of leased space and associated property costs.
• Provided more alternative work settings, incorporating team working areas and multi-function focus work settings.
• Reduced the agile working ratio.
• Provided enhanced AV & VC solutions, offering further connectivity with remote clients & staff.
• Provided flexible furniture solutions that can be repositioned without lighting or air conditioning alterations.
• Increased the kitchen / vend space to create a central collaboration area and enlarged the refreshment facility whilst maintaining social distance requirements.
For more information please contact Stephen Booker, Project Director.